Sunday, October 18, 2009

QUIT YOUR MYSTERIOUS WAYS!


Hey Ladies,
   It's me, SweetPea, checking in from my messed up life in the Big Easy, which ain't so fuckin' easy these days. Still no big break for your gal but I'm bartending at the Apple Barrel and singing on some open mike nights around town. I do believe the suffering is improving my songs. Here's a new one I wrote last week at the end of a really swell day.


MYSTERIOUS WAYS

I'm outta cash
My job is gone
And worry fuels my days.
My kids are wild
My husband cheats
Christ, quit your mysterious ways.

I don't get dressed
I'm way too stressed
And my Ma would kill me if I confessed
I drink a quart of gin most days
My life's a mess
Off track I guess
Please quit your mysterious ways.

I'm a church goin' gal
Been all my life
Wanna be a good woman and mother and wife,
But the way the Lord's movin' fills my heart with strife
Your mysterious ways
Are ruinin' my life.

So I'm kneelin' down Lord
Got the focus on You
When I party I parties
When I pray I prays
My life's in a whirl
Down the toilet it swirls
Please stop movin' my life
With Mysterious Ways!

That's all I got today.
Love and Money,
SweetPea
NOLA       
   
        

No comments:

Post a Comment